Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday!




April is a very busy month in our home. 2 of the 3 of us have April birthday's. Husband is April 14 and child is April 23. For Carl's birthday, he wanted to spend the weekend Contradancing with a bunch of people at Mt. Baldy. I couldn't and had no desire to spend the entire weekend in the mountains. Late Saturday morning, Andrew and I got into the car and drove up to the mountains. I am so glad we went, because the weather down below was in the upper 90's. I got a massage and Carl got to hang with us. Sunday afternoon, my son and I went to the dance after naptime which just so happened to be the break. I presented Carl with a cake. He was surprised.
(Picture: Carl and I at dinner on Sat. night)
For Andrew's 4th birthday, we did a party at McDonalds. I know, some of you are thinking about how horrible it is nutritionally and taste wise. Well, for your average 3 or 4 year old it was the perfect choice. First, the kids all played on the playground. Then, they had happy meals. Now, I know for a fact that McDonald's puts something in the cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets to make kids eat them. As soon as they ate, which was after about 5 minutes. The kids were off to the playground. The hostess did Bingo and Hot Potato for the kids games. I am not sure how much they got it, but they had fun. Then we had cake and gifts. Any calories eaten were quickly burned off on the playground. Since I am working full time, it made things real easy. Easy is a good thing.




No comments: